For a savory baked chicken dish every time at the dinner table, it's important to do one fundamental step. Sear! Sear means to burn or scorch with intense heat. By Searing the chicken before baking it locks in the moisture and provides the chicken with a more moist and juicy flavor. Here's how it's done.
- Make sure the chicken is defrosted.
- Put a little bit of oil in the pan and put it on medium heat. If the pan starts to smoke a lot turn down the heat it's way too hot.
- While the pan is warming up, season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the pan and let it sit for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Don't mess around with it (don't press on the chicken with your spatula).
- Once seared (browned on each side) place it on your baking sheet and refer back to your recipe for further directions.